2017 is on its way! Leading travel planners in India, Globetrouper is providing best destinations where you can celebrate new year.
Good for: Beach, Parties, Sunburn Festival, Seafood, Cheap booze, Carnivals
- Considered as an ideal place for a vacation around New Year.
- Also blessed with a wide range of biodiversity from sea-eagles to water buffaloes.
- Luxurious hotels, various food choices and the numerous party places.
Good for: Beach, French colony, Peaceful Ashrams, Cafes, Cheap booze
- The Union Territory, lending cultural and architectural elements
- Aurobindo Yoga Ashram is a good place for self reflection.
- Variety of restaurants, the steak and wine, adds to its natural beauty.
3) Gokarna, Karnataka
Good for: Beach, Secluded, Peaceful, Religious, Cheap accommodation
- Famous for being a Hindu pilgrimage centre, home to Lord Mahabhaleshwara.
- A beach-lover’s paradise.
- Highly recommended place to celebrate the New year with a group of close friends.
4) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Good for: Beaches, Resorts, Peaceful
- One of the best New Year destinations in India.
- Peaceful, serene and calm atmosphere as well as crazy parties on yachts, resorts and beaches.
- White sand beaches and clean natural surrounding areas.
Good for: Beaches, Serene, Romantic, Coral reefs
- An emerging New Year destination in India.
- Major attraction is the coral reefs which are an underwater paradise for people interested in scuba diving and snorkelling.
6) Gangtok, Sikkim
Good for: Hills, Trekking, Natural Beauty, Buddhism
- Situated at an altitude of 5410 feet.
- Coupled with its beautiful sunset and dawn views, this small town is called as “Switzerland of the East”.
- Trekkers and mountain lovers do look out for Kanchenjunga, the 3rd highest peak in world.
7) McLeodganj, Himachal Pradesh
Good for: Hills, Trekking, Religious
- Amazing sightseeing places, food cafés and unique Tibetan souvenirs.
- Residence of 14th Dalai Lama and famous of the Bhagsunath temple.
- Shiva cafe, a small trek near the temple is recommended.
8) Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Good for: Hills, Adventure Sports, Hippies
- Place for witnessing snowfalls and skiing. Full of pine trees, fruit orchids and hippies, it’s an ideal place to celebrate new year in India
- Take a ride on the Manali-Leh highway.
9) Kasol, Himachal Pradesh
Good for: Hills, Hippiness, Trekking
- A small, quaint and cosy escapade in the scenic hills of the Himachal.
- Parvati Valley is one of the most beautiful destinations.
- Partying and breathing in the fresh mountain air and enjoying the scenic beauty, bound you to stay in New Year.
10) Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu
Good for: Hills, Natural Beauty, Coffee
- A charming hill station located in Tamil Nadu, Kodaikanal is often referred to as “Princess of hill stations” and is a popular honeymoon and holiday destination in the South.
- The cool and misty climate, waterfalls, the lush green hills and forests make it look like something straight out of a fairy tale! One must definitely visit this place during New Year, be it with family or friends and enjoy coffee too.