Udaipur is considered as one of the most romantic places in India. This city is perfect honeymoon destination, cultural centre and face of Rajasthan. Udaipur is famous for its brilliant architecture. These wise rulers created an oasis amid the desert, thanks to their love for leisure and passion for creation. List of tourist places in Udaipur by travel company in India, Globetrouper to help you plan for a better trip.
- Amongst the top places to visit in Udaipur. It is conglomeration of several buildings and towers.
- Architecture is exquisite.
- The crystal gallery, the vintage car museum, Daawat-i-Aam, Maharani Palace, view of the city and Lake Pichola are major attractions of City Palace.
- It is a 4kms long man-made lake and is one of the most beautiful.
- Visitors take boat ride on Lake Pichola which starts from Rameshwar Ghats in City Palace.
- The lake has two islands namely Jagniwas and Jagmandir. At Jagniwas Island one can witness famous place in Udaipur – the Lake Palace whereas on Jagmandir Island, one can visit the popular Jag Mandir, the palace.
- Lake Palace is one of the most visited places in Udaipur,now known as Taj Lake Palace.
- With the Aravalli Hills in the background, Lake Palace makes one of the most romantic places in Rajasthan.
- Built by Maharaja Jagat Singh II,it is an exemplary of exquisite architecture that comprises fretwork screens and sculpted marbles.
- Jagmandir is an impressive set of structures with the central building called Jagmandir, which can be recognized by the marble-made elephants positioned outside.
- It is a three-storied structure.
- Tourists visit this beautiful place.
- It is an Indo-Aryan Temple built by Maharana Jagat Singh.
- The temple is located near the Badi Pol entrance of the City Palace
- The deity of Lord Vishnu in black stone presides over this temple.
- Situated in the north of Lake Pichola and is connected to it through a canal.
- Boat ride on Lake Fatehsagar is one of famous tourist attractions.
Saheliyon Ki Bari
- Also known as ‘The Garden of the Maidens’.
- It is the place where the maids could make merry, sing, dance and indulge in recreational activities.
- The garden is festooned with well-maintained fountains, kiosks etc.
Bhartiya Lok Kala Museum
- It is a folk-art museum in Udaipur, situated in Chetak Circle.
- A perfect place for the history lovers as it displays a collection of Rajasthani culture.
Bagore Ki Haveli
- Situated on the Ganguar Ghats, thus offers a splendid view of the lake.
- Known for its architectural splendour
- All 100 rooms have fine decoration with mirror work.
- The evening dance and music show is quite popular amongst tourists.
- Situated about 3 kms away from the city.
- Like the palaces, the Mewar Kings have put effort to make the cremation area look resplendent.
- Have 372 cenotaphs of the maharanas and queens of Mewar.